Certain songs just aren’t appropriate for weddings. I don’t mean because they have questionable words — hey, my husband’s grandmother got down to Baby Got Back at our reception (and I’m sure some of you out there cannot imagine what’s less appropriate than that, but keep reading). Some songs should be relegated to everyone’s Do-Not-Play list because a wedding is a celebration of two lives coming together, and a lot of musicians make a lot of money singing about just the opposite.
A post over at Indiebride.com proposed the idea of creating a CD filled with inappropriate wedding songs as a joke for the wedding party, and to be honest, I think it’s a hilariously fantastic idea. I’ve got a few songs I would put on there, for sure:
- It Wasn’t Me by Shaggy
- She Hates Me by Puddle of Mudd
- Miserable by Lit
- Song for the Dumped by Ben Folds Five
- You Oughtta Know by Alanis Morisette
- Hit the Road Jack by Ray Charles
- Love Stinks by the J Geils Band
- Girls by the Beastie Boys
- Dontcha by the Pussycat Dolls
- I Married Her Because She Looked Like You by Lyle Lovett
Lisa is a special needs teacher and a hugger. She always makes time for everyone and lightens up everybody’s lives with her presence. When she is not chasing her students around the yard, she finds time to write about what she truly loves, and you guessed it, its people and relationships.