They say that a couple’s song is the first song they dance to together. Maybe you and your sweetie remember this special moment from early dating days and want to use the same song for your first married dance — or maybe you met in a nightclub and the first song you ever danced to was “Da Butt,” which probably won’t go over so well with your grandparents.
If you’re still trying to decide on a song for your traditional first dance, or you want to be sure to avoid something that’s overdone, this list of the most popular first dance songs, compiled by the site titled “Wedding Songs,” could help. Find the top ten below …
- Amazed: Lonestar
- From This Moment On: Shania Twain
- At Last: Etta James
- Because You Loved Me: Celine Dion
- I Cross my Heart: George Strait
- It’s Your Love: Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
- Wonderful Tonight: Eric Clapton
- Have I Told You Lately: Rod Stewart or Van Morrison
- I Swear: All 4 One
- Unchained Melody: Righteous Brothers
Lisa is a special needs teacher and a hugger. She always makes time for everyone and lightens up everybody’s lives with her presence. When she is not chasing her students around the yard, she finds time to write about what she truly loves, and you guessed it, its people and relationships.