Aloe vera is truly a miraculous plant. It’s great for purifying the air around your home, plus the gel from aloe vera plants is very healing for the skin. Another usage you might be less familiar with though is that it can be used on your hair to grow it.
Have you been pining for prettier hair that hangs way down to there? Well, now’s your chance to do it naturally by making an aloe vera and honey mask for hair growth. It’s easy to do it yourself! But first, let’s talk about why aloe vera and honey are so special, especially when paired together.
What Makes Aloe Vera Gel So Good for Hair?
Here’s a fascinating fact: aloe vera gel is mostly made of water. 99% of it, to be exact. The other 1% includes incredible nutrients like vitamins A, B12, C and E as well as amino acids, folic acids and a whole ton of other nourishing things. Applying these to your hair boosts its strength and helps to repair it from damage. It promotes healthier hair cell growth while increasing blood flow to the scalp, which is what makes your hair grow.
Honey for Hair
Raw organic honey is what you should always use in your home, whether you’re using it to replace refined sugar in recipes or add a touch of sweetness to toast or tea. It’s also an incredible agent in your beauty regimen that you can use on your skin and hair to look your most beautiful. Raw organic honey contains humectants which lock moisture into your locks.
Why Aloe Vera and Honey for Hair Growth?
When you use both aloe vera and honey, you’re combining two incredible natural ingredients to truly rejuvenate your hair. You will also need a few other ingredients to make this powerful hair mask come together.
How to Make Aloe Vera and Honey Hair Growth Mask
In order to make this hair growth mask, which smells awesome by the way, you really need a hand mixer. Sure, you can use a whisk but you’ll be whisking away for quite some time, nearly ten minutes, if you’re doing it by hand. A hand mixer makes short work of this task. Another essential is that you’ll need to get an amber glass jar or a cobalt blue container. Aloe vera is degraded with light so it’s very important to store it correctly or your hair mask will spoil.
1/2 cup pure aloe vera gel
2 tbsp raw organic unprocessed honey
1 tbsp raw coconut oil
6 drops lavender essential oil (or any essential oil you choose for fragrance)
How to make it:
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the aloe vera gel, honey, and coconut oil.
2. Whip these ingredients together using your hand mixer, or whisk if you don’t have one. Keep whipping until it forms a smooth cream, about 6 minutes.
3. Add in the essential oil and then whip the mixture for one more minute.
4. Spoon your mixture into your air-tight containers and store properly.
Tips on Using Your Aloe Vera and Honey Hair Growth Mask
Now that you’ve got your mask ready, you might be wondering how to harness the power of aloe vera and honey for hair growth. Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your new natural hair mask.
Store it properly
As we said, putting it in the right type of air-tight container matters. Keep it out of the light for best results.
Use it properly
If you want to see the best results with aloe vera and honey for hair growth, you’ll want to apply it on freshly-washed hair. Use about 1 tablespoon of it and allow it to sit for an hour. You should put your hair up in a shower cap to let it really marinate on there. Go Netflix and chill while you wait. When it comes time to rinse it off, use tepid water.
Use a natural shampoo
It’s counter-productive to use regular shampoos as they can damage your hair. Switch to a natural shampoo that doesn’t contain sulfates and you’ll see a huge improvement.
Use it wisely
If you really want to see result, use this aloe vera and honey hair growth mask two to three times a week. It’s best to make time for it at night when you’re unwinding after a long day. Read a book, watch TV, gab on the phone, or otherwise keep busy while you wait. This mask is a multi-tasker just like you!
Lisa is a special needs teacher and a hugger. She always makes time for everyone and lightens up everybody’s lives with her presence. When she is not chasing her students around the yard, she finds time to write about what she truly loves, and you guessed it, its people and relationships.